Guide to start a hair care products business
Starting a hair care products business is a successful business which can be operated from home. The hair care products can be sold to specialty retailers on a wholesale basis or directly to consumers via mail-order advertising, the internet and renting sales kiosks at malls.
Do you want to start a hair care products business? If YES, here is a complete guide to starting a hair care product business with no experience.
2. Identify your target consumers. You may aim a specific ethnic group, age or hair type. Research your potential consumers and find out what their needs are regarding hair care products.
3. Review the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations for hair products.
4. Contact a chemical engineer. Consult a professional about shelf life and product safety. A chemical engineer can create different formulas of hair products, develop a special scent, and refine your existing products to better suit your needs.
5. Price your hair care products appropriately. The customer may be willing to pay more for a high quality product like an all-natural shampoo. However, very expensive products may limit the number of your customers. Compare your price to your competition to set a price point where you can make a solid profit.
6. Find a distributor for your hair product line. The most successful hair care products are carried by major retailers. A new hair product business may find success through salons and private business sales. Salon owners and boutiques may consign your products. You may also sell your items in a small kiosk or online store.
As the hair care product industry continues to grow, so does the business potential for those interested in starting a business in this market.